Friday, February 5, 2010

Where's the L.O.V.E?

****NOTE****
I edited this post after an anonymous person commented, telling me that it sounded very much like The Mutt. It was not my intention to sound like him, therefore I changed it to more address the point I was trying to make, instead of the specific person who posted the comment.

I wasn't going to post another blog entry today, but I just got through checking out .net, and read something disturbing. The one thing The Mutt is right about is the hypocritical behavior of some of these forum members who preach "love." Here is what a member posted about another .net member that was sharing something Badkolo had written at Souza and Mo's forum:
"Pff I just wish Badkolo would stay on his own forum and not al of a sudden come up with this big announcement together with Mo and Souza.I'm really sorry to say this, but I don't trust the three of them. There are more than enough intelligent people here, a much nicer forum I might add (ss couldn't help myself...to figure things out without someone shouting 'Wolf', you know. I'm sure we can figure it out for ourselves.....PS all of the above is of course just my own humble opinion..."

The member who posted replied stating that they cut and pasted Badkolo's reply, he didn't post it. The person replied:

"...I know he didn't post it himself. I read it even before you posted it... that's not the point.
No hard feelings..."

This is a perfect example of the cliquish behavior that needs to stop at these forums. What the hell is the problem with someone posting hoax news? So what if it came from someone that member didn't like. It's still news! This is exactly the type of thing that went on at mjhd.com. This is the exact attitude that kept many new people from actually posting; they were afraid of being bashed and treated like shit, just because they weren't a "day 1" member.

Put an end to your clannish behavior people! You are going down the same road .com did, and you are going to crash yourselves if you keep that up. Not everyone at .net is this way, thankfully. It seems that many of the members are welcoming to new people, and also new hoax news; even IF that news comes from a source they don't like. Unfortunately, many others harbor the exact same attitude that the above poster has.

"There are more than enough intelligent people here, a much nicer forum I might add "

So I suppose then, that this poster would have the forum closed to new members. After all, according to her, there are plenty of intelligent people there. Why have the forum open to anyone else? Apparantly she feels that she is better than everyone else at every other forum.

That is the very type of attitude that Michael Jackson would have despised. Why NOT be welcoming to new news. Why NOT be welcoming to new members? If this clannish attitude doesn't end, there is no hope for these forums to continue. They will all be doomed to fail.

Think For Yourself,

The Cat

7 comments:

  1. now you`re the same like mjhdc... I thought your blog is about mjhdc?? it`s so clear to me that you`re souza or mo.. and your forum sucks really! but I appreciate your work against mjhdc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good guesses as to my identity, and rather entertaining. Nice try though.

    It is not my intent to be like MJHDC. That said, I did tell you I would talk about other things too, and you must admit that members behavior toward someone simply posting news in the hoax world was treated very badly.

    What is wrong in pointint out the cliquish nature that some (not all) of the forum people hold? It isn't right to do. I could understand (to some extent) if Badkolo himself had posted it at .net. Even then, it would be messed up to go off on him like the said member did on the person copying/pasting the post.

    Again it was not my intent to sound like MJHDC, and I will do my best to ensure I do not start sounding like him in the future.

    Think For Yourself,

    The Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. people were banned from souza`s forum, because they asked why the BoW threads were deleted...Is that nice?? maybe you should write something about souza`s and mo`s behavior..but I think you wont do that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my take on this.

    Whether or not that is nice is irrelevant. "Just" would be a better suited word. I don't think it is ever "nice" to ban anybody, and I think banning should be used only when needed.

    Do I think it is just? Well, that depends. You said they asked why the BoW threads were deleted. Did they ask this after they were told the admins didn't want that person discussed? Were they already warned that he was not to be discussed on their forum? If they were already warned a couple of times, then I think they were right to ban the members. It is, after all, Mo and Souza's forum. They can ban whoever the hell they want.

    I am not saying that I back anyone banning just to do it. I am saying if there is a good reason (and blatantly breaking rules is a good reason, in my opinion), then I have no problem with it. It all depends on circumstance.

    Something else to consider is just because a member THINKS they know the full story why someone was banned doesn't mean they do. Often, rumors are started this way. Someone heard from someone else (often the banned member, who's pissed) that they were banned for shitty reasons when in reality, there was more to it then that. Is this the case here? I don't know. I wasn't there, nor have I heard the story behind it.

    Just think about this before blindly listening to someone complaining about being banned;

    Think For Yourself,

    The Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe I was banned.. and I know that many other members..oh excuse me "guests" were banned too because of that..yes, you are right, it`s mo and souza`s forum, so they can do what they want..and so can the blogger on his blog..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if .net ' s people hate on souza's forum but it's funny how Ive seen two Threads wich came from souz and mo 's forum ...
    Souza's forum is way better , that's just my opinion ... so @ the first comment , stop hating =) and make your own forum so we can see if it would be better

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ ROFL:

    I don`t hate souza or mo.. I just don`t like the way they treat their members who don`t agree with them...

    ReplyDelete