Thursday, March 4, 2010

Doggy Style Productions presents.....a forum? REALLY?

So, the Mutt now has a forum. Seems innocent enough, with how many people he has commenting. He just wanted a place for all his readers to discuss things, right. Wrong. Dead Wrong.

Mutt has tried to pretend he can trace people's comments before. He has claimed that he can get IP addresses from a blog. As an owner of the very same type of blog he has, I can say that he is full of shit on that account. I have yet to find any way of getting IP's from this blog. (You may ask why I checked, and the reason is I would damn sure find Conspiracy's IP to find out just who the jerk is if I could. But I can't).

However, he just found a loophole. You see, anyone that joins a forum is essentially giving the admin their IP address, unless they visit via a proxy. So anyone who tries to stay anonymous and post, you are telling Conspiracy who you are. I don't believe for a second that mutt just wanted to make a forum out of the kindness of his heart. He is collecting IPs.

Think about it. After so long of simply blogging, he NOW creates a forum? People have been asking the Mutt to make a forum for ages now, and after ONE person on one of his blog posts mentions it and he makes one? I don't think so.

Do not join the forum if you wish to keep your anonymity. If you do, that's gone. Just a friendly warning. As we all know, Conspiracy has a big mouth, and he is the kind of person that would look up someone's IP who disagrees with him. And, he won't keep the information to himself. Oh no, he will post it right up on his damn blog.

So, if you wish to keep your privacy, STAY OFF THE FORUM. You have been warned.

Think For Yourself,

The Cat

2 comments:

  1. If I wanted to trace an IP address I would. You claim it isn't possible on Blogspot - that just shows your naivety. Google it. You want an IP address take 127.0.0.1 (localhost). Knowing an IP isn't really that important or worthwhile.

    As for IP addresses on the armyoflaugh.lefora.com forum - No. Go to lefora.com, there you will see that the free version is very limited - no IP addresses available even to the Admin of the forum.

    More worrying is a phpBB2 forum (S&M forum) it stores IP addresses which are linked to user names and email addresses. Why not go to phpBB3 which is somewhat more secure?

    Before you point a pussy paw how about checking the facts first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, most forums DO keep IPs, so yeah, I assumed. Especially given that you like to try and scare people into thinking you do collect them.

    If you can get an IP from this google blog, then it is not something that comes with it. As for them being useless, we both know how full of shit that comment is.

    So, MAYBE I was wrong about your free forum--I might have to check for myself before I take you at your word though.

    Think For Yourself,

    The Cat

    ReplyDelete